Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer AAS-3700 is a high performance automated instrument designed to meet the requirements of the modern laboratory. Due to its versatility and performance it can be used for a wide range of applications including: Agricultural, Clinical, Environmental, Food, Metal, Mining, Geological, Petrochemical, and Pharmaceutical.
The Fully Automatic Fast Sequential Multi-Element Analysis Flame Atomic Absorption Spectrometer system is equipped with an EIGHT Hollow cathode lamp motorized turret Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer. All electronics, analytical data and gases are fully controlled via the AAWin3 Software for maximum safety and optimum performance. A data coded Air/Acetylene Burner is included. (Nitrous Oxide/Acetylene and Air/propane data coded burners are also available as optional extras).
The instrument is equipped with a flame atomiser only. The positioning of which is fully controlled by the embedded computer system and the AA-Win Pro software. Three flame options are available to the user with the Air/Acetylene being the standard configuration. This flame can be used for nearly all standard elements while the N20/Acetylene and the Air/LPG (Natural gas) are available as an option for the more demanding of elements. All three flame configurations offer a coded burner for full safety protection.
- The instrument has a motorized 8 hollow cathode lamp turret which allows the automatic positioning and optimization of each hollow cathode lamp by the software.
- The control of the gas flows for the fuel gas (C2H2) of the burner is also carried out directly from the software, thus allowing optimization of the instrument for the best analytical parameters for a selected analysis.
- Two methods of background correction are available. The first utilizes a Deuterium Arc lamp and the second is the proven method of Self Reversal.
- High precision minimal optics ensures maximum light throughput to the computer controlled Czerny-Turner Monochromator.
- The location of the wavelength and peak selection is automatically controlled from the software.
- The spectral bandwidth is automated and is available with a choice of five slit sizes.
- The electronic parameters for the photomultiplier tube detector, the hollow cathode lamp current and the balancing of the absorbance and background energies are controlled from the software.
- The ignition of the flame is computer controlled and the various safety interlocks offer a very safe operating system.
- Equipped with an Acetylene burner, the ignition of the flame is computer controlled with various safety interlocks, and an emergency flame off button is installed at the bottom right of the instrument.
- The UVWin6 software for UV-Vis spectrophotometer is in compliance with CFR21 Part 11.
- The flame conditions are continuously monitored and should the flow rates change, an audible alarm sounds.
- The pressure of the support gas (oxidant) is monitored constantly. If the pressure changes, then the flow of the fuel gas will be stopped and the flame will be safely extinguished.
- A sensor monitors the level of liquid in the drain and will prevent ignition if too slow. The flame will also be extinguished if the level of liquid in the drain changes significantly.
- A flame sensor monitors the flame and safely turns off the gas flow to the burner if the flame suddenly extinguishes.
- The burner is identified by a switch making it impossible to light without the burner being fitted.
- An emergency flame off button is installed in case a problem is observed. The flame can be extinguished safely.